Mama Cash is looking for an Interim Communications Officer, 32-36hours/week for 5 months (maternity leave coverage) and based in Amsterdam.
The Interim Communications Officer contributes to increasing the visibility of Mama Cash and its grantees. Responsibilities comprise of developing communications materials and organising the communications aspects of campaigns, with a focus on our online channels.
Essential job function/deliverables:
- Produce materials and tools that contribute to the visibility of Mama Cash and its grantees, as well as to fundraising. These include, but are not limited to, Mama Cash’s websites, Mama Cash pages on external websites; annual reports, e-newsletters, brochures, and audiovisual materials.
- Act as a project leader for (communications) projects:
- Further optimization of the website and where necessary work with our website builder to make improvements
- Improve SEO for the Mama Cash website
- Coordinating 3 to 4 photo shoots with grantee-partners;
- Photo research and selection for our annual report and other publications;
- Preparing the online launch of the grant application window: Working with our Programmes Team to revise texts and flow of information, update the online application form, spreading the word about the application window on all our online channels once it is live and contribute to the evaluation of the grantmaking window.
- Engage our target audiences through our website and social media by:
- Planning content in collaboration with our editorial team, and supporting our Communications Associate in engaging our audiences online;
- Managing the production of texts and audiovisual materials;
- Writing and posting short texts, in both Dutch and English for the Mama Cash website;
- Coordinate the production of 12 e-zines( in Dutch, English and Spanish)
- Oversee the design and creation of webpages and other online tools in support of (fundraising) campaigns and events, including in the period from November to April, our end-of-year fundraising appeal and ‘Meer dan Muze’ festival.
- Monitoring and improving our google ads in the Google grants programme
- Monitor Mama Cash’s look and feel (use of logo, fonts, colours and other house style elements in our communications materials);
B. Management and Supervision
- May supervise interns, volunteers, and relevant consultants when these are working on projects for which this position has primary production responsibility;
- Monitors relevant project-related budgets.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Commitment to Mama Cash’s mission and vision;
- Knowledge and command of Photoshop, google analytics, content management systems; and website optimisation
- Writing and editing skills, in Dutch and English;
- Demonstrable organisational skills;
- A strong ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Some knowledge of online fundraising and online campaigning.
Education and experience:
- Minimum four years experience in communications in a non-profit environment;
- University-level education in the field of Communications and possibly in the areas of gender studies, international relations, or another relevant field.
Are you interested in the position?
Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted in English and stating the job description, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: September 15th, 2017
The job will be located in Amsterdam.
Please note that a EU work permit is required!
We value the expertise and knowledge of those who have directly experienced injustice and are working to create the change Mama Cash believes in.
We particularly welcome applications from those targeted by racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism and disablism.
For more information please contact Sarah van Brussel, Communications Officer.
What does Mama Cash offer
We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice. Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam.
The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 9, (min.) € 2.652 – (max.) € 3.910 ex 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan.